“Life has no remotes, so wake up and change it” ~ Sushil Singh
I found this quote while searching for inspiration to resurrect this blog.
Imagine a giant Life remote control. Pause. Play. Fast Forward. Rewind… hmm…rewind.”If i could turn back time..” (Cher singing in background) Wouldn’t it be great to say, “hey i didn’t like the way that worked out, lets start over.” Rewind.
New Years Eve comes filled with that hope. Filled with dreams of doing things differently, or more, or better. It comes with this delusion that at 11:59:59 you can wipe away all that you have done, all your bad habits and start over. You wake up on January 1st, a new person, a new life. But how do you make it last? How do you change your life?
How am I going to change MY life? this year.
These are things i think about while driving to work, while running, and while writing this blog. I want to change. I want to evolve. I want new things and new experiences and new friends. (I do still love my old ones) I don’t want to change my life, i want to enhance my life. I want to add to my life. Not that i am missing anything. I just want more life.
I’m setting specific goals this year. Goals for MY life. Im putting them in writing. I’m putting them here. Some are physical, some are for my health, some are for my home, and some are for my mental well being.
- Six marathons in 2017. 1 will be a PR. 5 will be for fun.
- Join CREW! Yes, iv’e wanted to row a boat forever. Now is my forever.
- Mt. Rushmore. Seriously..i still have not made it there.
- Complete an Ultra
- Save money. Stop self soothing with shopping.
- Drop the sugar. Be aware of my intakes and cut back.
- Be aware of others emotions. Recognize projection and prevent your reaction.
- Create a compassionate dementia program at work. Educate.
- Breath, stay calm, apply the 24 hour rule and believe in myself.
- Live a Life.
Now, i’ve put it into the universe. Now i need to find the faith in myself to reach these 10 goals. I realize they may not all happen immediately. They will evolve and progress and maybe change slightly. But i’m setting the path. I’m saying it out loud.
Today. These are the goals for my Life.
“Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can still instill in us” – Hal Borland